Monday, May 16, 2016

She Lives!!!




One week ago today, my mom and I set off through the mountains of Colorado and Utah to drive my cankles to the Nevada Clinic. 


We love road trips, but 36 hours of driving time in five days was a lot - even for us. However, we got to see lots of pretty scenery along the way!! And of course.. we ate a lot. 





Since I went to a homeopathic/holistic clinic, things progressed a little differently than most doctor visits. I got my blood drawn right away upon arrival. Since allergies often times trigger weird bodily reactions, that was my first stop in the clinic. The allergy doctor let me know I am allergic to almost everything, but I kind of had an inclination that that was the case. He gave me drops to take so I will be able to lead a normal life without having to edit my diet too much.

I spent two hours talking with the doctor about various parts of my life. He was really good at asking questions. I was really bad at answering them. He told me I should be an FBI agent because he couldn't get any information from me. :) His goal was to figure out what could have caused a sudden change in my body and how to treat it once he could put it all together. Like a puzzle.

I said before that Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in my family, and my symptoms matched those of RA very closely. We went in expecting that diagnosis. But instead I was diagnosed with Pesticide Poisoning! (YAY FOR NO RA!!!)



The doctor gave me around 30 shots of B3 in my joints, my scars, my stomach, and my neck. I haaaate shots. When I told him that, he said he hates getting them too which is why he gives them instead. Ha. He got it all done with only a few threats from me. :) And I didn't even pass out!!

This diagnosis isn't as serious because it can be treated and I won't have to deal with it forever, but it was still a pretty big deal. It got into my organs and caused them a lot of stress before my joints started hurting or swelling. So the treatment plan is going to take awhile to complete, but he's flushing it all out of me and I'll be great in no time!!

He gave me an iv with vitamins in it for pain relief and sent me on my way.



For those of you wondering where I may have gotten pesticides..


Coffee gave it to me. :) When we were working in the coffee fields in Costa Rica and eating lunch with our dirty hands, pesticides were ingested. Most bodies would probably fight it off okay, but I don't drink enough water, so mine absorbed it all. (Yes, I warned the rest of my team!)

The doctor has me on lots of natural medicines to flush out the different parts of my body that need flushing. I take medicine three times a day, and even though I just started taking medicine on Thursday, I am already feeling SO MUCH BETTER!!! My ankles aren't swollen anymore, and today only my left knee hurts! WOO!!!

Shoutout to my mom for putting her life on hold for a week to take me to the doctor in Las Vegas!! She's a rockstar. And of course, so are Dad, Aunt Laraine, and Rhonda - who willingly took care of the little brothers and sisters for the week. It's a pretty huge event to leave town like that.


I know a lot of you were praying for me, and I appreciate it SO much!! You all are wonderful! Let me know if you have any questions. Love y'all!


2 comments:

  1. Yikes!!! Having dealt with chemical sensitivity for about 12 years now I totally sympathize!!!!! So glad you did the holistic approach No other way works on me at all!!! I'm so glad it was a quick, direct diagnosis. Mine took months. Yay God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! Having dealt with chemical sensitivity for about 12 years now I totally sympathize!!!!! So glad you did the holistic approach No other way works on me at all!!! I'm so glad it was a quick, direct diagnosis. Mine took months. Yay God!!!

    ReplyDelete